Structural Restoration Engineer / Project Manager
If hired for this position you would:
- Manage repair and restoration projects from initial forensics through construction.
- Perform building forensic investigations.
- Evaluate damage/deterioration of structures.
- Perform structural analysis of existing structures.
- Prepare plans and specifications for bidding and permitting of repair and restoration projects.
- Prepare technical and inspection reports and permit close out documents.
- Perform field observations during construction.
- Manage field inspectors, staff engineers, or other staff.
- Assist staff with report and proposal preparation.
- Oversee and review reports prepared by staff engineers.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
Hold a Professional Engineer’s License (P.E.) in Florida or in another State with the ability to obtain a Florida license through reciprocity.
Have experience in the design of repair and restoration of a building’s primary structural elements.
Have experience in forensics and evaluating existing structures.
Are proficient in technical oral and written communication.
Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects concurrently.
Have a high-level of attention to detail.
Coordinate with and support other engineers when needed.
Communicate with clients in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
Able to lift up to 50 lbs., climb a ladder, navigate typical residential and commercial structures, and perform inspections in confined spaces and high and/or sloped roofs.
Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation – mileage will be reimbursed.
All submissions should clearly indicate the candidate’s relevant experience.