Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist staff engineers with proposal and report preparation.
- Coordinate utility locates and field locating of geotechnical work.
- Assist with clearing operations for geotechnical investigations.
- Provide drill crews with all necessary information to perform test borings and supervise drill crews in the field.
- Classify soil samples recovered from test borings.
- Manage laboratory (keep clean, dispose of soil samples, maintain equipment).
- Perform field and laboratory permeability testing.
- Perform field investigations including concrete slab coring, asphalt coring, and subsurface soil investigations.
- Monitoring pile installation (driven, auger-cast, etc.), vibration monitoring and vibro-replacement projects.
- Perform pre-construction surveys of structures adjacent to construction sites to document their pre-construction conditions.
- Monitoring of asphalt paving operations.
- Monitoring demucking operations.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalency, strong math and science skills, and proficiency with computers and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all climates.
- Have reliable transportation (including reasonable use on project sites) – mileage will be reimbursed.
- Relevant experience preferred but on the job training will be provided.