Human Resources / Office Manager
We are seeking a teammate who can help us take our company to the next level by expanding our human resources capabilities. This position has been created by the growth of our company. We currently have 18 employees and anticipate continued growth. Our current Office Manager / HR will remain with the company but needs more time to focus on accounting and project administration duties. We have outgrown our current office and are currently under construction on a new, larger facility.
If hired for this position you would:
- Onboard new employees, including completing necessary paperwork and setting them up in our payroll system.
- Identify potential candidates for company’s open positions through use of online job boards, networking, and career fairs.
- Prepare, review, and place job advertisements and screen resumes received.
- Update company’s Employee Handbook and employment forms on an as-needed basis and draft relevant policies.
- Coordinate with outside attorney on employment policies and related issues.
- Administer company benefits including annual insurance renewals and evaluating available options.
- Ensure timesheets have been submitted and enter payroll.
- Supervise clerical employees, including hiring/firing/reviews.
- Train company’s supervisors on proper interviewing / hiring / discipline / firing / review skills and processes.
- Train (or arranging training for) company’s production staff on customer service skills.
- Track anniversary dates and ensure that company’s supervisors complete annual reviews of their direct reports in a timely manner.
- Plan office culture & enrichment activities (holiday parties, etc.)
- Coordinate with outside IT support to address company’s IT needs and resolve employees’ computer problems.
- Maintaining computer equipment inventories and assignments.
- Assisting with company’s social media presence and newsletter.
- Assisting with other administrative / clerical / marketing duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Significant relevant experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with computers and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- High school diploma or equivalency.